Unknown error (0x80041452)

Hi

I've had a working C# application for months.  It runs daily to query ARS (AD) to see which accounts are being automatically deleted.  It uses the returned query results to email application owners to let them know to remove the users.

As I said, it has been working without fault for months.  Last wednesday it stopped working and all the error message that I get is "Unknown error (0x80041452)".  The error happens  when doing the "SearchResultCollection src = searcher.FindAll();".  The full code snippet is below.

I tried googling this, but all I get back is a single Quest forum thread with a different problem.

If any one has hit this before, or has any ideas, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
Nick

DirectoryEntry dirEntry = null;

IADsOpenDSObject iADsOpenDSObject = null;

IADs iads = null;

try

{

iADsOpenDSObject = (IADsOpenDSObject)Marshal.BindToMoniker("EDMS:");

iads = (IADs)iADsOpenDSObject.OpenDSObject("EDMS://XXXXXXXXXXX.xxxxxx.com/OU=XX,OU=XXX,DC=xxxxxx,DC=com", @"domain\adminid", "XXXXXXXXXX", 32768);

if (newway)

{

dirEntry = new DirectoryEntry(iads);

DateTime datetimer = DateTime.Today.Date;

string searchFilter = "(&(edsvaDeprovisionDeletionDate>= " + datetimer.ToShortDateString() + " 12:00AM)(edsvaDeprovisionDeletionDate<= " + datetimer.ToShortDateString() + " 11:59PM))";

DirectorySearcher searcher = new DirectorySearcher(dirEntry, searchFilter, new string[] { "samaccountname", "sn", "givenname" }, SearchScope.Subtree);

SearchResultCollection src = searcher.FindAll();

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi JohnnyQuest

I'm a co-worker of emanuel.

Our application is a web application and runs on a Windows Server 2012R2. The latest ADSI Provider 7.3 is installed on that server.
    When I run the  same application on the same server from Visual Studio through IIS Express it works as expected. 

I read on the IIS Forum that it might be an issue with the latest ADSI Provider working together with IIS. 

Any idea how to solve this problem? It is urgent.

Thanks

• Hi,

I realise that this post is quite old but did you ever get a resolution? We have the identical problem whereby the ADSI provider was working OK at version 7 but no longer works at version 7.3 - but it does work if I use it outside of the IIS hosting environment.

Many thanks in advance for any advice you can give.