This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to Manage Multiple Forest

Hello Guys,

I have two forest. ARS is installed in one forest and is perfectly working fine. I need to use the same ARS installation to provision / re-provision / de-provision users in another forest.

I have created a trust between this two forest. Created a separate ARS service account (member of domain admin and exchange organization admin) in another.

What are the necessary pre-requisite for such setup?
Do I have to install ARS service in the other forest as well?

Thanks
sameer
Parents
  • Hi Greg,

Thanks for your reply.  I went through the document.  I managed to do the configuration but I had a partial success.  Let me explain the setup, probably you can help me better after understanding that.

I have two forests as mentioned earlier. Both forest has its own Exchange organization. ARS is installed in one forest.

e.g.
    Forest 1 - abc.com + exchange org + ARS
    Forest 2 - xyz.com with echange org

I have created trust between both the forests and assigned the required permissions to the ABC\ARS service account in the Forest2. I am able to create user in forest2 domain using ABC\ARS service account. But when it tries to create mailbox it throws an error saying "An ARS service should be present in the forest where you are trying to create a mailbox".

I installed a service as well in the second forest but it didn't work.

I opened a case with support. As per support a single ARS service should work with both the forests.

Please help.

Regards,
    Sameer
  • Hi Greg,

Thanks for your reply.  I went through the document.  I managed to do the configuration but I had a partial success.  Let me explain the setup, probably you can help me better after understanding that.

I have two forests as mentioned earlier. Both forest has its own Exchange organization. ARS is installed in one forest.

e.g.
    Forest 1 - abc.com + exchange org + ARS
    Forest 2 - xyz.com with echange org

I have created trust between both the forests and assigned the required permissions to the ABC\ARS service account in the Forest2. I am able to create user in forest2 domain using ABC\ARS service account. But when it tries to create mailbox it throws an error saying "An ARS service should be present in the forest where you are trying to create a mailbox".

I installed a service as well in the second forest but it didn't work.

I opened a case with support. As per support a single ARS service should work with both the forests.

Please help.

Regards,
    Sameer
Children
No Data