This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Client QARS MMC access gives access denied

Hi All,

We have setup QARS 6.10 and intially we had set up client MMC to be used only by Domain Admin role holders. Now we are trying to expand it to other OPS team who use AD was group/User management. When  a non admin user tries to access QARS mmc from workstation, the following error occurs
" Failed to connect to Administration Serviceon <Server Name>
  Service cannot be contacted or access is denied.
  Verify that the service is started. Try to connect with a different user account. Access is Denied."

We have a role group rqars-soeusers which has been give Read All Properties on the domain. All users are members of this group so that they can access QARS.

If we make user memberof rApp-QRSAdmin group, the user can access qars but this gives full access over qars. 

Can someone help me to know what is the actual process to grant a normal user access to qars. We have already assigned tasks for these users in QARS.

Regards,
Abhi  
  • Normally, if a user is authenticated in AD he will be able to login to
    MMC but won't have enough permissions to do something. This message
    can be result of incorrect password, service connection problems or
    for example when you login from untrusted environment.
    What were you actions to restrict access to mmc for users?

Sent from my iPhone

On 30.07.2009, at 13:47, "{ActiveRoles} on behalf of
  • Hi Ivan,

Thanks for the reply

The password is not wrong as the password works when user tries to log on to workstation.

As I told earlier on the domain node we have granted rusr-qarsusers read all properties right. All users in AD are members of this group.

In have not sent any other restriction for MMC. Is something required which I am missing out?

Regards,
    Abhi
  • Did you try it from the ARS-Service Server with current user credentials?

if you try it from the Client, try to type Domain\UserID and select the Service Server directly. Maybe the client couldn't find the ARS Service by himself.
  • Another hint - look for Distributed COM Users local group membership on the box running the ARS Admin Service. Every user connecting to ARS Admin Service via any sort of client should be a member of this group.

Typically, ARS Admin Service setup takes care of this by adding Authenticated Users wellknown to the Distributed COM Users. If this wasn't done, or Authenticated Users is too brad audience for you, please make sure Distributed COM Users is populated with the corresponding user accounts.
  • Access Denied don't have permission to access to some websites.  I have gone to a website hundreds of times for online shopping, but now every time I try to go there no matter if it's iPhone and getting iTunes Error 1671. Will you please provides some comforting answers to question related to this subject.