This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Computer Name Generation

I am trying to generate a simple computer name policy. When i create a new computer object via AR, i want AR to generate PC-0001 and the next computer object PC-0002  and so on. I used the following policysamAccountName =  PC-{@counter(4)}cn = %<samAccountName>Every time i create a computer object,  the samaccountname and cn are pre populated with PC-0001, but when i click next, i get a corporate policy violation. This is the only policy i have in the OU.

Help Please
Parents
  • Hi, Tony!

The @counter token isn't valid for regular Property validation&Generation (PVG) Policy.
    This token can be used in Alias generation policy and User logon name generation policy.

To automaticaly generate computer names such as PC-0001, PC-0002, PC-003, etc. you have to use script-based policy.

Here is a script sample ( activeroles.inside.quest.com/entry.jspa ). You can use it as a starting point for you solution.
  • Hi, Tony!

The @counter token isn't valid for regular Property validation&Generation (PVG) Policy.
    This token can be used in Alias generation policy and User logon name generation policy.

To automaticaly generate computer names such as PC-0001, PC-0002, PC-003, etc. you have to use script-based policy.

Here is a script sample ( activeroles.inside.quest.com/entry.jspa ). You can use it as a starting point for you solution.
Children
No Data