This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Computer Name Generation

I am trying to generate a simple computer name policy. When i create a new computer object via AR, i want AR to generate PC-0001 and the next computer object PC-0002  and so on. I used the following policysamAccountName =  PC-{@counter(4)}cn = %<samAccountName>Every time i create a computer object,  the samaccountname and cn are pre populated with PC-0001, but when i click next, i get a corporate policy violation. This is the only policy i have in the OU.

Help Please
Parents
  • How can this be adapted to computer objects? Much of the code examples seem directed at presenting recommended values in the ARS UI. How is name generation/enforcement accomplished when using the SOAP/SPML interface?

It seems that the initial call sets the CN of the computer object and we are unable to change it within the onPreCreate event handler.

Please advise.
  • How can this be adapted to computer objects? Much of the code examples seem directed at presenting recommended values in the ARS UI. How is name generation/enforcement accomplished when using the SOAP/SPML interface?

It seems that the initial call sets the CN of the computer object and we are unable to change it within the onPreCreate event handler.

Please advise.
Children
No Data