This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Notifications containing both old and new value for changed attributes

Hi,

We're using the out-of-the-box AR approval workflows to allow Primary and Secondary owners to approve/reject membership changes to groups they are responsible for. This is working fine, however, I would like to have an additional process (probably workflow) that notifies the managers of the group when approval is enabled/disabled or when a manager is added/removed/changed. This to prevent delegated AR admins removing the manager, then quickly adding a member, then putting the manager back in. I'd like a notification to be sent to both the new and the old manager(s) when this happens.

So, if Manager A is replaced with Manager B, I would like both A & B to receive an email saying "FYI, for group X, manager A has been replaced with manager B".

I built a workflow that's triggered when the relevant attributes are modified, but I don't know how to display both the old value and the new value inside the notification. Can this be done with the native workflow options? Or does this require custom scripting? Any pointers would be highly appreciated!

Thanks; regards,

Michiel

Parents
  • Hi Michiel, same case we had and we ran script for this... in workflow you have to save the old manager in va and then you can call the both attribute in script to send a notification. do let me know if you haven't resolve this scenario..
  • Hi Michiel, same case we had and we ran script for this... in workflow you have to save the old manager in va and then you can call the both attribute in script to send a notification. do let me know if you haven't resolve this scenario..
Children
No Data