This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Access template permissions after group add/removal

We're working on implementing ARS 7.0 (clean install) after having 6.9 for quite awhile. We've kind of hit a snag with our elevated permissions.

We have workstation support that uses temporal membership to "elevate" themselves into a group that gives them permissions to read LAPS/Bitlocker Keys, etc. I can either elevate or put myself into that elevated group that has an access template assigned to it to allow the users to perform these tasks but the permissions never get applied.

The only way for the permissions to be applied are to restart the ARS Administration Service, after doing that, I am able to read the LAPS/Bitlocker Keys, etc.

This worked flawlessly in 6.9, maybe sometimes it took a minute or two for the permissions to apply but that's it.

Any ideas?

Parents
  • This has nothing to do with security tokens because we're not talking about people using these groups in an active environment. It's an issue with the web interface and ARS checking group membership to apply an access template IN ARS, not in AD, to view AD information. It has nothing to do with actual machines, just displaying AD information about those machines.
  • This has nothing to do with security tokens because we're not talking about people using these groups in an active environment. It's an issue with the web interface and ARS checking group membership to apply an access template IN ARS, not in AD, to view AD information. It has nothing to do with actual machines, just displaying AD information about those machines.
Children
No Data