This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bulk Adjust custom attribute

Hi, I have a MU setup to collect all user objects that have a blank mail attribute AND a custom boolean attribute (attributeX) set to TRUE. What is the easiest way to give a non-ARS admin the capability to make a bulk change of the MU's members and set attributeX=FALSE (which would also remove them as MU members)?

Thanks!

• 1) Create an access template granting write access to your attribute
    2) Link this template along with an appropriate group to your MU via Delegate Control
    3) Have a member of the above group run a PoSh script (using Set-QADUser with the -proxy switch) to set the attribute to the value you want
  • Thanks for the reply, and that's actually exactly how I did it myself yesterday, but I'm looking for a way to offer the functionality to less technical (read: PoSh averse) users via the MMC console so I can remove my involvement as a requirement. Pipe dream would be for a right-click context menu option to run a specified script housed in Script Modules, or the ability to add the field to the attributes that are displayed in the GUI when viewing properties on multiple accounts. *as a custom attribute, it only shows on the Advanced Properties pane which is not avail for multiples. If there's a way around this to perform bulk edits, I'm not privy to it*
  • Ah OK.

What I would do is this.

1) Create yourself an on-demand/scheduled type AR workflow with the requisite script included as an activity.
    2) Delegate users access to launch the workflow which will launch the script in the background. Yes, there are Access Template permissions available for this. I believe there might even be built-in ATs available (don't have time to check at the moment).

Remember, they need to see the workflow and be allowed to launch it.

Once correctly delegated, they can fire the workflow from the WebUI.

The only thing you will have to make sure is that the script itself handles the enumeration of the MU. (You can reference the MU as the "SearchRoot" of your Get-QADUser PoSh call by its distinguishedname.)