This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Stop/Break Workflow Activity

Hi 

I am trying to implement a workflow such that it will stop an attribute from being modified based on the results of a search criteria.

So "If result=x continue workflow";"If result=y stop workflow"

The logic I have created to stop the workflow works but the originating action is still pending, which has the effect of "hanging" the target account - anything you try to do to the account fails with the Stop/Break error message.

Is there a way of cancelling the original request in a similar way to a "reject" Approval activity would.

Thanks

Parents
  • Thanks for responding.

So I am trying to automate the creation of admin accounts ( ie second privileged AD accounts).

I have created a VA, that sits on the main account, for the service Desk to select when a user requires an admin account, this triggers a workflow which runs an approval and if approved then creates the account, pulling in the required attributes from the main account. This all works.

Now I want to enhance the workflow with search and if/else functions to check if the admin account already exists and, 'if not exist' follow the above logic, and 'if exist' send a mail to the originator, cancel the request and stop the workflow. All of this works apart from cancelling the original request. The stop/break does a 'hard stop' but the original task is still pending and 'locks' the web UI.

As I mentioned this seems to me to be the same logic as a Reject command (from an Approval Activity) would need so I thought there may be some way to use powershell to build an automated reject function?

• Thanks for responding.

So I am trying to automate the creation of admin accounts ( ie second privileged AD accounts).

I have created a VA, that sits on the main account, for the service Desk to select when a user requires an admin account, this triggers a workflow which runs an approval and if approved then creates the account, pulling in the required attributes from the main account. This all works.

Now I want to enhance the workflow with search and if/else functions to check if the admin account already exists and, 'if not exist' follow the above logic, and 'if exist' send a mail to the originator, cancel the request and stop the workflow. All of this works apart from cancelling the original request. The stop/break does a 'hard stop' but the original task is still pending and 'locks' the web UI.

As I mentioned this seems to me to be the same logic as a Reject command (from an Approval Activity) would need so I thought there may be some way to use powershell to build an automated reject function?

Children
No Data