This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ARS 6.7 to ARS 7.0 Replication.

Hi All,

I am doing a side-by-side upgrade to ARS 6.7 to ARS 7.0

The new environment is using SQL 2014 and has been all setup ready for the switch over.

However, I wanted to enable replication between the old and the new so I can leave the original setup running and keep the new up to date. However,  I am having issues setting up replication.

The existing ARS 6.7 environment is running SQL 2008 on Windows 2008 R2. The ARS Service has been promoted to publisher and I attempted to add the new ARS 7.0 as a Replication Partner. This failed with the message "Failed to get required data from the specified Administration Service due to insufficient rights. Try connecting using a different user name"

The username I am using is the service account which is used across all environments and has Admin rights to all machines and databases.

Is this a supported replication solution? SQL 2008 to SQL 2014?

Thanks

Steve

Parents
  • I've already migrated configuration and history databases to the new environment. This is more at trying to keep the databases in sync prior to final stage of moving dns records, etc to the new environment.

I was hoping the ARS 6.7 would replicate any new database items to the new environment whilst I plan the final stages of the cut over.
  • I've already migrated configuration and history databases to the new environment. This is more at trying to keep the databases in sync prior to final stage of moving dns records, etc to the new environment.

I was hoping the ARS 6.7 would replicate any new database items to the new environment whilst I plan the final stages of the cut over.
Children
No Data