This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Add Managed Unit to Self Service Site

Hello,

Can someone tell me how to add a managed unit to self-service webportal in ARS?

I also need to add the search option to the self-service site.

Any assistance is appreciated.

I have both 6.9 and 7 that i use to manage separate domains.

We plan to move to 7 for the other but have not got there yet.

Thank you,

Lu

Parents
  • The challenge with what you are trying to do is that you are effectively moving from the Self Service Site's paradigm of a view of an individual user's details to the object browsing view offered by the "full" sites.

The "quickest", most supportable way to get there would be to take a copy of the Admin or Help Desk site and, using the built-in customization capabilities, remove those elements you don't need. You could even keep your Self Service site and just add a link to this custom site from its home page. Yes, it's tedious and a bit clumsy but it will get you there.

I believe the alternative would get you into making invasive site modifications to your Self Service site that you may find don't tolerate upgrades well.

My 2 cents.
  • The challenge with what you are trying to do is that you are effectively moving from the Self Service Site's paradigm of a view of an individual user's details to the object browsing view offered by the "full" sites.

The "quickest", most supportable way to get there would be to take a copy of the Admin or Help Desk site and, using the built-in customization capabilities, remove those elements you don't need. You could even keep your Self Service site and just add a link to this custom site from its home page. Yes, it's tedious and a bit clumsy but it will get you there.

I believe the alternative would get you into making invasive site modifications to your Self Service site that you may find don't tolerate upgrades well.

My 2 cents.
Children
No Data