This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

active roles upgrade 7.1.2

I have upgrade , but now the web services ars page doesn't show. please help asap

Server Error in '/ARWebAdmin' Application.

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: s

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: s

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: s]
   System.IO.StringReader..ctor(String s) +14305592
   ActiveRoles.Web.Application.Misc.MetadataProviderAD.GetReader(String xml) +42
   ActiveRoles.Web.Application.Misc.MetadataProviderAD.get_CommandsReader() +27
   ActiveRoles.Web.Metadata.MetadataBundle.GetCommandsList(IMetadataProvider provider) +27
   ActiveRoles.Web.Metadata.MetadataBundle.Load(IMetadataProvider provider) +123

[MetadataLoadException: Unable to load Web Interface configuration. Incorrect configuration data received from Administration Service or configuration data corrupted on Web server.]
   ActiveRoles.Web.Metadata.MetadataBundle.Load(IMetadataProvider provider) +654
   ActiveRoles.Web.Application.Misc.MetadataManager.get_CurrentCopy() +319
   ActiveRoles.Web.Application.Misc.AccessChecker.CheckSelfServiceAccess() +21
   ActiveRoles.Web.Application.Global.Application_PreRequestHandlerExecute(Object sender, EventArgs e) +195
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +142
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +92
  • hi ,

i think you need to import your old web configuration to the new ARS7.1. please check quick start guide for more information about upgrade.

Regards,
    Prasad
  • have the same Problem :(
    upgrated from 7.0.2 to 7.1.2 and my custom web-page no longer work ..
    The default web-pages, ARWebAdmin, ARWebHelpdesk and ARWebServiceDesk also show the same Error, but the workaround there is to create them new from template.

But my custom Webpage from 7.0.2 even I can not export it !!! because of the Error
    nothing work's .. !

What I was able, importing from file my ARS 6.9 custom Web-Page, but here my complete customization is gone now

anyone an idea how to solve this ?

Regards, Heiner
  • This is noted in the documentation.

See this topic for how to resolve the issue:

support.oneidentity.com/.../10

If you still have issues please open a Service Request with Support.
  • hello Daniel,

my custom Webpage is now starting well, one step further :) thanks for this part .

but the request command to start an individual command button on the ARS Homepage is not working well

in ARS 69 the command looks like this,

New User

~/GenerateForm.aspx?TaskId=NewUser&TargetClass=organizationalUnit&DN=OU%3dCompany-Users%2cDC%3dcomapny-test%2cDC%3dads

this was migrated from 6.7, so far OK worked well, as it supposed

for ARS 702 the 69 command did no longer work, the SAVE and NEXT Button are only dispalyed as Text on the page and NOT as clickable Buttons !

so through some research I figured out this request command:

Javascript:openFormInNewWindow('/ARWEBARS10/GenerateForm.aspx?TaskId=NewUser&TargetClass=organizationalUnit&DN=OU%3dcompany-Users%2cDC%3dcompany-test%2cDC%3dads&subwindow=1');

so far now for 702 worked well

now upgrated to 712 and the command from 702 is no longer working,
    #1 when I push the custom Button, the exactly same error message as shown in the first blog entry is displayed
    #2 when I try to change the request command, it say's, it accpet no longer script-syntax in this configuration box :(

I tried now in 712, somwthing like this

~/GenerateForm.aspx?TaskId=NewUser&TargetClass=organizationalUnit&DN=OU%3dcompany-Users%2cDC%3dcompany-test%2cDC%3dads&subwindow=1

but this show the new User Form on the whole IE-Screen, and remove the Navigation Bar on the left side (Home Button/Directory management etc ..)
    so not really something nice ..

Already contacted the Support, but wanted to share my expierence here as well ..

Heiner

• hi heiner,

did you add this "<add key="AllowScriptProtocolInURL" value="true"/>" in new web.config? when you upgrade to 7.1 it creates new folder as 7.1. try to add in new web.config. and check
  • one more information

my request command for custom button I have from here

How to create a button on the Active Roles 7 Web Admin home page for creating a new contact object. (205492)
    https://support.oneidentity.com/active-roles/kb/205492

----
    The following is an example of the JavaScript that needs to be used instead of a URL.

Javascript:openFormInNewWindow('/AccessRequests/GenerateForm.aspx?TaskId=NewContact&TargetClass=organizationalUnit&DN=OU%3d<OUNAME>%2cDC%3d<DOMAIN>%2cDC%3d<DOMAIN>%2cDC%3d<DOMAIN>&subwindow=1');
    ----

but ARS 712 does not like it, or I oversee something ..

• hello Prasad,
    cool, this was the trick, while I posted the article from where I had this custom request command, I came to the same idea, reading the article completely and checking all needed settings  .. thanks, for this

But I have now one more,
    in the Navigation on the left side in the WI I have the same commands as on the Homepage, whichI don not get working

The same request command on the Homepage is not working here on the navigation Pane

Javascript:openFormInNewWindow('/ARWEBARS25/GenerateForm.aspx?TaskId=NewUser&TargetClass=organizationalUnit&DN=OU%3dcompany-Users%2cDC%3dcompany-test%2cDC%3dads&subwindow=1');

• after further research following I found

the same request command used on the Homepage is not working in the navigation pane .. just doing nothing when clicking in IE

not working in Navigation Pane
    Javascript:openFormInNewWindow('/ARWEBARS25/GenerateForm.aspx?TaskId=NewUser&TargetClass=organizationalUnit&DN=OU%3dcompany-Users%2cDC%3dcompany-test%2cDC%3dads&subwindow=1');

when using this request command, the relevant form will start,
    ~/GenerateForm.aspx?TaskId=NewUser&TargetClass=organizationalUnit&DN=OU%3dcompany-Users%2cDC%3dcompany-test%2cDC%3dads

but see in the screenshot, the NEXT and EXIT Button are missing :(

If I collapse the Right (in the right side of the screen) Navigation Bar, however this is properly called, then these two buttons appear ... hmm
    they are displayed not completely but at least they are somewhere ..

Is there as well some workaround or proper solution ?

Heiner