This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Assign permissions via Active roles to view workflows

Hi Guys,

I'm quiet new to the use of Active Roles, how can I assign read permissions on workflows to a user via an access template?

Thanks for helping me on solving this.

Parents
  • If you look under "Configuration \ Access Templates \ Configuration" you will see some pre-defined Access Templates (AT's) the deal with assigning rights to Workflow objects. Assigning AT's to Workflow objects is no different than assigning rights to any other object, including Active Directory, through Active Roles (AR).

Although the steps described below outline assigning the built-in AT's to objects in AR, I tend to make copies of the built-in AT's and place them in a different AT Container. I'll then use those copies for delegation. This is due to the fact that the built-in AT's cannot be edited, if you later wanted to add or remove permissions to them. Therefore, I tend to use them only for reference and not for actual delegation.

Regarding the Workflow's I would first create a new Workflow Container under "Configuration \ Policies \ Workflow" and create your Workflows in there.

Then assign the "Workflow - View Workflow Containers" AT to the Workflow Container tree, starting with the root "Workflow" container (as indicated in the Description of this AT). This will allow the people you designate the ability to see the container tree, down to where the Workflows reside.

Finally, assign the "Automation Workflow - View" AT to the Workflow Container that has the Workflows you want to delegate people the ability to view Workflows.
  • If you look under "Configuration \ Access Templates \ Configuration" you will see some pre-defined Access Templates (AT's) the deal with assigning rights to Workflow objects. Assigning AT's to Workflow objects is no different than assigning rights to any other object, including Active Directory, through Active Roles (AR).

Although the steps described below outline assigning the built-in AT's to objects in AR, I tend to make copies of the built-in AT's and place them in a different AT Container. I'll then use those copies for delegation. This is due to the fact that the built-in AT's cannot be edited, if you later wanted to add or remove permissions to them. Therefore, I tend to use them only for reference and not for actual delegation.

Regarding the Workflow's I would first create a new Workflow Container under "Configuration \ Policies \ Workflow" and create your Workflows in there.

Then assign the "Workflow - View Workflow Containers" AT to the Workflow Container tree, starting with the root "Workflow" container (as indicated in the Description of this AT). This will allow the people you designate the ability to see the container tree, down to where the Workflows reside.

Finally, assign the "Automation Workflow - View" AT to the Workflow Container that has the Workflows you want to delegate people the ability to view Workflows.
Children
No Data