This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Import arsml files as an ARS policy

Hi,

Is there a way to import a policy that has been exported as an .arsml file using powershell? 

What I want to do is the following.

Export an existing Policy which I can use to create a template file. Then use powershell to replace XXX in the arsml file with ANR (site ID) and then use powershell to import that arsml file creating a policy in a specific OU which already has the scopes and deprovison rules contained. 

Parents
  • Yes - I have used that too. You have to be careful when doing custom work not to hard-wire yourself too much into something that might get deprecated. For example, there is a policy property called edsaAPEList which is a "plain text" representation of the policy rules (as opposed to edsaAPEListXML) - the former property is technically deprecated so if you populate it the AR service may not read / use it.
  • Yes - I have used that too. You have to be careful when doing custom work not to hard-wire yourself too much into something that might get deprecated. For example, there is a policy property called edsaAPEList which is a "plain text" representation of the policy rules (as opposed to edsaAPEListXML) - the former property is technically deprecated so if you populate it the AR service may not read / use it.
Children
No Data