This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What can avoid Set-QADUser to populate a virtual attribute ?

Hi to all,

In ARS I created a virtual attribute of syntax 'directory string', which I can populate through interface for every user with no problem.

Now comes the PowerShell part:

I can read from this value from any given user, but I cannot write a value, in there. No error, nothing, but value is not set: it just keeps what was in there before.

Here is the -very basic- code I use, which doesn't work:

Set-QADUser $AccountSam -ObjectAttributes @{edsvaMyVirtualAttribute = $Value}

This is working with some other previously created virtual attributes, but not with the ones I create, now.

Now comes my question: what do I miss, what can make these virtual attributes not able to be populated through ARS shell cmdlets??

Thanks in advance for any idea :)

Parents
  • points to check:
    #1. you can access and update the VA via AR.MMC, AR WI (VA is "Stored" in AR db)
    #2. Set-QADUser -Service -Proxy - flags might be needed if running script not on AR Server.
    #3. Get-QADUser -Service -Proxy -can you read the VA?

• points to check:
    #1. you can access and update the VA via AR.MMC, AR WI (VA is "Stored" in AR db)
    #2. Set-QADUser -Service -Proxy - flags might be needed if running script not on AR Server.
    #3. Get-QADUser -Service -Proxy -can you read the VA?

Children
No Data