This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What can avoid Set-QADUser to populate a virtual attribute ?

Hi to all,

In ARS I created a virtual attribute of syntax 'directory string', which I can populate through interface for every user with no problem.

Now comes the PowerShell part:

I can read from this value from any given user, but I cannot write a value, in there. No error, nothing, but value is not set: it just keeps what was in there before.

Here is the -very basic- code I use, which doesn't work:

Set-QADUser $AccountSam -ObjectAttributes @{edsvaMyVirtualAttribute = $Value}

This is working with some other previously created virtual attributes, but not with the ones I create, now.

Now comes my question: what do I miss, what can make these virtual attributes not able to be populated through ARS shell cmdlets??

Thanks in advance for any idea :)

Parents
  • The '-Proxy' switch above is the key to modifying virtual attributes. This tells the cmdlet to perform the request through your AR server. This assumes that you have rights through AR delegation (or because you are an AR administrator) to perform this modification.

It's also worth noting that when you want to enumerate the contents of the attributes later that you must explicitly reference them with the '-IncludedProperties' switch as they will not be returned by a default "Get-QADUser -Proxy -identity $MyUser" request.
  • The '-Proxy' switch above is the key to modifying virtual attributes. This tells the cmdlet to perform the request through your AR server. This assumes that you have rights through AR delegation (or because you are an AR administrator) to perform this modification.

It's also worth noting that when you want to enumerate the contents of the attributes later that you must explicitly reference them with the '-IncludedProperties' switch as they will not be returned by a default "Get-QADUser -Proxy -identity $MyUser" request.
Children
No Data