This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Deprovision Script not setting attributes

Hello, 

as per subject I am setting up a deprovision script that which works outside ARS but is giving me headache when running with ARS as part of the pre-deprovision event. 

In a nutshell I have an hashtable of attributes that needs to be set:

$attributes = @ {
'attribute1' = 'value1'
'attribute2' = 'value2'
} 

Hashtable contains 8 AD standard attributes and 2 ARS virtual attributes, issue is none of this is being populated. I've enabled script debug but no errors or anything is showing so before opening a case I thought to post here. 

As I said code is sound as it works perfectly outside ARS in a standard PowerShell session via Connect-QadService and the -Proxy parameter but not wihin ARS. 

If this makes any difference attributes in the hashtable are usually alredy present on the user object just with a different value (goal is to update these values with new values upon deprovision).

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to clear atributes before updating them? Do I need to specify one by one?

Thanks for any pointer... I'm really lost at the moment :(

*EDIT* Just to add the same approach/cmdlet is used to update another standard AD attribute, actually standard to our AD using custom schema :-), which is usually empty and this works correctly that's why I'm puzzled...

Parents
  • AR Deprovision Policy has option to modify Attributes. And you do not need to have AR Policy.
    Deprovision Policy | Make Account illegible for Logon | Properties to be Updated
    I always use it do for deprvision
    Description = "AR Terminated 2016/10/25 by AD\jsmith - %<deprovision>"
  • AR Deprovision Policy has option to modify Attributes. And you do not need to have AR Policy.
    Deprovision Policy | Make Account illegible for Logon | Properties to be Updated
    I always use it do for deprvision
    Description = "AR Terminated 2016/10/25 by AD\jsmith - %<deprovision>"
Children
No Data