This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ARS Upgrade from 6.9 to 7.2

Hi, I was given a task to upgrade ARS 6.9 to 7.2 - newest version will be on the different server. I need a detailed step-by-step guide since this is on the production environment.

Parents
  • So everything that does not have anything with ARS configuration itself i.e. automatic task or task run by helpdesk staff is stored in Management History DB meaning I can import ARS 6.9 Configuration DB right after installing new ARS 7.2 Administration Service instance and then during planned outage import Management History DB too - that would be the moment when helpdesk has to start using new ARS 7.2? I hate this situation where there is no step-by-step guide from scratch and you deal with production environment ... Each product has its own logic and guides for these scenarios have to be at client's disposal.

• So everything that does not have anything with ARS configuration itself i.e. automatic task or task run by helpdesk staff is stored in Management History DB meaning I can import ARS 6.9 Configuration DB right after installing new ARS 7.2 Administration Service instance and then during planned outage import Management History DB too - that would be the moment when helpdesk has to start using new ARS 7.2? I hate this situation where there is no step-by-step guide from scratch and you deal with production environment ... Each product has its own logic and guides for these scenarios have to be at client's disposal.

Children
No Data