This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Exchange Recipient Policies don't work when enabled with QAD commands.

I'm trying to create a contact and ensure it's mail enabled.  It appears Exchange doesn't recognize the object after it's creation and the policy is never applied.

How do I get QAD posh commands to do this without having to run Exchange commands?

$qadcontact = Get-QADObject -Identity "TESTPOSH" -Type "Contact" -IncludedProperties EmailAddressPolicyEnabled
$qadcontact | Set-QADObject -objectattributes @{"edsva-MsExch-ApplyEmailAddressPolicy"="TRUE"}

I read mention of an Add-QADProxyAddress but I want the default policy in Exchange to do it's work.  

Parents
  • Interesting note.

If I create the contact in AD and Mail enable it, then disable the address policy and delete the addresses, then run the QAD commands, the addresses come back.  So checking the box does work.

So now it's trying to understand why when I create the contact in the first place why it didn't work.

• When creating a contact through QAD posh commands although I can individually update attributes it's as if Exchange doesn't recognize it.

I deleted and recreated the item through QAD commands.  No matter what I do with the recipient policies after they are not honored.

New-QADObject -Type "Contact" -ParentContainer "lab.com/lab" -Name "TESTPOSH2" `
    -ObjectAttributes @{displayName="TESTPOSH2";mailNickname="TESTPOS2H";mail="TESTPOSH2@TESTPOSH.com";targetAddress="TESTPOSH2@TESTPOSH.com";proxyAddresses="SMTP:TESTPOSH2@TESTPOSH.com";"edsva-CaseID"="1111";"edsva-MsExch-ApplyEmailAddressPolicy"="TRUE"}

• When creating a contact through QAD posh commands although I can individually update attributes it's as if Exchange doesn't recognize it.

I deleted and recreated the item through QAD commands.  No matter what I do with the recipient policies after they are not honored.

New-QADObject -Type "Contact" -ParentContainer "lab.com/lab" -Name "TESTPOSH2" `
    -ObjectAttributes @{displayName="TESTPOSH2";mailNickname="TESTPOS2H";mail="TESTPOSH2@TESTPOSH.com";targetAddress="TESTPOSH2@TESTPOSH.com";proxyAddresses="SMTP:TESTPOSH2@TESTPOSH.com";"edsva-CaseID"="1111";"edsva-MsExch-ApplyEmailAddressPolicy"="TRUE"}

Children
No Data