This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dynamic group not processing

We are seeing random issues where random dynamic group are not processing new users. Upon research, I found out "Service to evaluate and apply rule changes" is empty. Immediately I pick a service server and hit rebuild, they start showing up. Why is this happening? Anyway to search ARS for dynamic groups without this information blank?

Parents
  • Possible reason: ARS Upgrade. Search all Dynamic Groups in ARS MMC and check/reset the current ARS01 server on each group.

• Can I do this with PS? Thanks for your response

• PS1 script - probably Yes. 

Due criticality of DG feature and potential impact on AD security, during ARS Upgrade, I strongly recommend customer to use the chance to review the DG list and confirm it (Deprovision the legacy not needed anymore).

• Thanks. I was able to run this command to get all dynamic group

Get-QADGroup -LdapFilter '(edsaisdynamicgroup=True)' -IncludedProperties edsadgoriginatingservice,edsaisdynamicgroup -Proxy | Select-Object name,edsadgoriginatingservice,edsaisdynamicgroup | Export-csv C:\Users\5username\Desktop\Result.csv

Then I run the following against groups without the attribute.

clear
    $list = import-csv “C:\Users\username\Desktop\ScriptsInput\groupattribute.csv"
    foreach ($name in $list)
    {
    Get-QADGroup -SamAccountName $name.sAMAccountName -IncludedProperties edsadgoriginatingservice,edsaisdynamicgroup -Proxy | Set-QADGroup -ObjectAttributes @{edsadgoriginatingservice="ServerName.domain.corp"}
    }

• Thanks. I was able to run this command to get all dynamic group

Get-QADGroup -LdapFilter '(edsaisdynamicgroup=True)' -IncludedProperties edsadgoriginatingservice,edsaisdynamicgroup -Proxy | Select-Object name,edsadgoriginatingservice,edsaisdynamicgroup | Export-csv C:\Users\5username\Desktop\Result.csv

Then I run the following against groups without the attribute.

clear
    $list = import-csv “C:\Users\username\Desktop\ScriptsInput\groupattribute.csv"
    foreach ($name in $list)
    {
    Get-QADGroup -SamAccountName $name.sAMAccountName -IncludedProperties edsadgoriginatingservice,edsaisdynamicgroup -Proxy | Set-QADGroup -ObjectAttributes @{edsadgoriginatingservice="ServerName.domain.corp"}
    }

Children
No Data