This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Group Workflow - Initiate o365 License and Mailbox Creation

I may still be approaching this problem from the wrong angle, but I am looking at a workflow task that after a user is added to a group it kicks off a script to either apply an F1 or E3 license via o365 remote commands. The script itself works perfectly outside of ARS, and my struggle is passing the parameters I want into the script. Since I am doing this from a group workflow it appears $request and $workflow are not giving me the User Objects (or at least not easily from what I can see). I suppose this is because the $request.class is equal to "Group" which isnt surprising.

I know I could parse the group and add anyone who isn't licensed on the o365 side, but with our number of objects that is a couple hour processing time and I don't want it kicking off for each person added to the group. 

Open to any other ideas if anyone has worked with mailbox creation directly from ARS to o365 as well.

Parents
  • As far I know. MSFT BP is to manage on-prem AD\group_O365_lincense_F1, AD\group_O365_lincense_E3, On backend MSFT AADConnect will sync the onprem AD\groups membership to lincense on O365 side.

From AR standpoint. AR does not need to reach to AAD/O365. AR will have Management Workflow, automating onprem AD\group_O365_lincense_F1, E3 group membership = Function(Department, Office, Title, or VA_MyCompany_O365_license dropping list). The AR OOB automation options: (a) Dynamic Groups, (2) Automated Group membership Policy, (3) Workflow onDemand.

• Managing the groups is fine, they replicate up to Azure, but that doesn't do the licensing task. From the way my thinking is working at the moment, in a Group Membership workflow is there a variable I can use to pull the Target Users being added to the group?

• Managing the groups is fine, they replicate up to Azure, but that doesn't do the licensing task. From the way my thinking is working at the moment, in a Group Membership workflow is there a variable I can use to pull the Target Users being added to the group?

Children
No Data