This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lockdown web interface

When installing the web interface there are three version of the site.  Admin, Helpdesk and Self Service.  I want to ensure I don't allow access to regular users to the Admin and Helpdesk interface.  Is there a way to lockdown the interface to a group?

Parents
  • What a timely topic David.

We're investigating the same.

Interested to see how others approached the issue.  We're currently taking baby steps.

We created a new site under IIS Server\Sites node to keep impact away from the interfaces that are live under a sister site node in IIS Manager.

We've set a custom port, and gave a custom name to differentiate between the production site and the test secure site.

In looking through IIS documentation, they do have a method to specify which AD groups are allowed to access a particular site  ...

in web.config

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <configuration>
        <system.webServer>
            <security>
                <authorization>
                    <remove users="*" roles="" verbs="" />
                    <add accessType="Allow" roles="myDomain\myGroup01" />
                    <add accessType="Allow" roles="myDomain\myGroup02" />
                </authorization>
            </security>
        </system.webServer>
    </configuration>

Like I said, we're at the beginning, taking baby steps here ... so any shared experience from those that have gone through the exercise is appreciated!

• What a timely topic David.

We're investigating the same.

Interested to see how others approached the issue.  We're currently taking baby steps.

We created a new site under IIS Server\Sites node to keep impact away from the interfaces that are live under a sister site node in IIS Manager.

We've set a custom port, and gave a custom name to differentiate between the production site and the test secure site.

In looking through IIS documentation, they do have a method to specify which AD groups are allowed to access a particular site  ...

in web.config

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <configuration>
        <system.webServer>
            <security>
                <authorization>
                    <remove users="*" roles="" verbs="" />
                    <add accessType="Allow" roles="myDomain\myGroup01" />
                    <add accessType="Allow" roles="myDomain\myGroup02" />
                </authorization>
            </security>
        </system.webServer>
    </configuration>

Like I said, we're at the beginning, taking baby steps here ... so any shared experience from those that have gone through the exercise is appreciated!

Children
No Data