Approval Workflow.

Hi Guys, I am trying to create an approval notification but having some issues. 

Background. 

I have a VA and lets say its a Boolean called TestVA

I have a dynamic security group called TestGroup. 

If the TestVA = True then you are added to said security group. This part works fine. 

What I am trying to do is if someone sets the value of TestVA to TRUE then I was an approval workflow to kick off to approve the change. I have created a simple workflow. 

Operation: Modify properties of User

Operation request from: Everyone (Active Directory)

Filtering conditions: Not specified. 

The conditions of the above are set to Workflow starts upon a request for changes to and this is set to the TestVA

I have dragged the approval activity in to the work flow and set myself as the approver. However i am never seeing an approval request come through via email or in the WI. What am i ding wrong? 

ARS version is 7.4

Many thanks

Criag

Parents
  • Also, you should have a filter on your Workflow so that it only fires when the "Changed value of the Workflow target object property equals TRUE" and specify your Virtual Attribute, otherwise the Workflow will also fire and approval will be needed when the value is cleared... unless that is what you want, of course.

• Also, you should have a filter on your Workflow so that it only fires when the "Changed value of the Workflow target object property equals TRUE" and specify your Virtual Attribute, otherwise the Workflow will also fire and approval will be needed when the value is cleared... unless that is what you want, of course.

Children
No Data