Windows Server 2022 Domain Controller Ready?

I am running ARS 7.4.3 and want to upgrade my Domain and Domain Controllers to Server 2022. Anyone know of any issues with this and my current version??? Any suggestions?

Top Replies

• Hi  

As per the Release Note for Active Roles 7.4.5 (but the same is true for 7.4.3) Windows Server 2022 is not a supported operating system for domain controllers.

In terms of Domain…

Parents
  • Hi  

Currently the latest version of Microsoft Windows Server supported is 2019 (Details of the systems requirements are listed in the Release Notes - Active Roles 7.4.5 - Release Notes (oneidentity.com)).

I've personally have been running Active Roles on a Windows Server 2022 Preview (my entire 5 machine domain) and not noticed any issues, however that is in my lab environment, not a production environment, but also I don't expect support from the One Identity Support team for Active Roles running in this currently unsupported configuration.

Kind regards

Stu

• I am specifically asking about the Domain Controllers running 2022 and the functional level of AD 2022. My ARS server will remain on 2019.

• Hi  

As per the Release Note for Active Roles 7.4.5 (but the same is true for 7.4.3) Windows Server 2022 is not a supported operating system for domain controllers.

In terms of Domain and Forest functional Levels, as Windows Server 2022 is not supported, I suspect neither would any new functional levels. However their doesn't appear to be a Domain or Forest Functional level available at 2022 level, the highest currently being 2016 (at least in the Windows Server 2022 September release)

As its not currently listed as a supported Operating System, I wouldn't recommend you use this in production, or business critical environments. 

If you have a business requirement to use Server 2022, I would recommend you raise an SR with the support team, asking for clarification as to when support for this operating system may be included, and for which versions that support would start with.

Kind regards

Stu

Reply Children