Auto generate Password in Privisioning

Hello,

i tried different ways to generate a password or set one specific password in the privisioning of a user but I am not able to get it working.

So sorry if it is a dumb question but how can i achive it to lets say auto generate the password:

i used the following script policy on the user creation OU:

function onGetEffectivePolicy($Request)
#{
if($Request.Class -ne "user"){return}

$Request.SetEffectivePolicyInfo("edsaPassword", $Constants.EDS_EPI_UI_AUTO_GENERATED, $true)

}

When the user gets to the formular (password section), the user needs still to click on the lightning button to generate the password and finish the user creation. In the best case i do not want to show the user who creates the account the password section at all. After creation of the user i will send the password to specific persons/groups who need it via mail.

Please help me out with this and get me to understand the process.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Parents
  • Hi Michael

A couple of extra questions

1) Is this automated user provisioned (via bulk script or sync services), or is this manual provision via the MMC or Web Interface?

2) If its manual, do you want the person creating the account to be able to set a password at all?

I have in the past modified the forms to remove/hide the password section, and set the password via a workflow (modify requested changes) from a script, which is then used to send the password to the users manager.

Kind regards

Stu

• Hi Stu,

the user creation process is via Web Interface. It would be okay for me that the user who is creating the account ist not able to set a password at all.

I am using the builtin script "Generate User Password - PowerShell". The question is how the pw is set automatically without the user needed to click on "Generate".

Regarding your "plan": So the User Object is created without pw and the pw is set afterwards?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

• If you want the user not be be able to choose a password with the script to automatically set it for them (but allowing them to see the password), then it just the matter of modifying the Administration Policy which calls the generate password script, and changing the "Auto Generate Password" to true (from default false), however this setting will be version dependant, and was added I believe in a 7.4.x version.

• Ah thank you, this option is missing and i have installed 7.4.4

I try updating to 7.4.5 and see if the Auto Generate Password property will show up.

Regards,

Michael

Reply Children