PGV UPN Prefix

Guys.

I have a PGV for the UPN Prefix which is based off the format below. 

%<givenName>.%<sn>

Now this works fine if someone is creating a user with a single last name.  Is there a way to reject the PGV if the UPN Prefix contains a space. For example if someone created an account where the last name was Test Team i would want to the UPN suffix to be rejected. 

Thanks in advance 

Parents Reply Children
  • Thanks as Johnny has said this only works with SamAccountName. 

The one issue i have with the Change workflow. I dont want our Service Desk to get all the way to the end of the new user process to then be told or it fail. There is a lot of steps and check boxes they need to set. I need figure out a way of this alerting asap in the process. 

• Another way to tackle this is using a policy script that implements an onGetEffectivePolicy handler that basically continuously checks to see if a surname containing a space has been entered and then throws an error if a bad surname has been supplied.  Unfortunately, I don't believe you can generate the warning until the operator hits "next" on the page where they entered the surname.  You could also just have the script apply logic to get rid of the space in the UPN.  Unfortunatley, The UPN attribute is a somewhat tricky attribute to apply policy to because out-of-the-box, it's constructed from edsvaUPNPrefix and edsvaUPNSuffix.

I may also be overthinking this.

• Seeing the warning only when they hit next is fine. The UPN is on the very first page of our new user process. So that would work. 

• we only use scripts so im sure we do have some things like this also. Like Johnny said its not easy to throw warnings in gui but you can apply logic, for example we have the same upn policy and we leave given name and sn default because the given name writing might not be wrong but cant be used in mail or upn. so you just take the values from reqeust, remove special charcters and set UPNprefix and Suffix. 

If you use Web GUI you can add Text to the form so if this part need some special explanation this might be the place, because most peopel try first and then read docus which are located somewhere else

• Sorry to dig up an old thread. I am only just getting back to trying to fix this issue. On the PGV i just noticed that there is an option 

Account Name (UPN Prefix) must not contain these characters. 

Is there a special character for space as this would solve my issue i think 

• Setting this does the trick 

< > (angle bracket + space bar + angle bracket)