ARSS Deprovision keeps picking same objects

Only have ARSS setup - no ARS

Connection has condition User=MemberOf Scoping group

Matching on ObjectGUID=AdminDisplayName but let's consider match on samAccountName for simplicity

Accounts provisioned ok

Now I'm removing it from the scoping group

Deprovisioning job is set move to certain OU and disable

All works well except deprovisionign job keeps running against the same objects that it deprovisioned before, strange

What can this be?

Parents
  • Hmm... I think I figured it out. One of the deprovisioning rules that I had was appending "Deprovisioned on $Date" to one of AD attributes. So it kept considering objects for processing and appending again and again. As soon as I removed this rule it stopped finding any objects for this deprovisioning job. Now I get the logic, it will keep "correcting" object's state anytime it finds anything different (like object is enabled) and that appending rule was confusing it all up.

• Hmm... I think I figured it out. One of the deprovisioning rules that I had was appending "Deprovisioned on $Date" to one of AD attributes. So it kept considering objects for processing and appending again and again. As soon as I removed this rule it stopped finding any objects for this deprovisioning job. Now I get the logic, it will keep "correcting" object's state anytime it finds anything different (like object is enabled) and that appending rule was confusing it all up.

Children