Change Workflow delay

Hi. 

So i am trying to get the Exchange Out of Office message set via ARS

So as you can see i have the start and end date as well as the internal and external message the needs to be set. I have a tick box at the top called Enable Out of Office which is a boolean VA

Now when that is ticked and our Service Desk hit save , I then have a change workflow that is watching for the VA to change to TRUE and then run the change workflow. The work flow has some Powershell that is reading the start and end date and internal and external message attributes values

What i think is happening is that the change work flow is trying to read them attributes before anything has been written to them yet. Is there any way to delay firing the Change Workfklow for a minute? The script is using the function below. 

function onPostModify($Request)
{

}

Parents
  • If workflows are running scripts, the function names are irrelevant. My preference is to not use the same names as the event handlers in these use cases. You could technically have a workflow running a script with the function name onPostModify in the pre-operation execution area of the workflow.

You should be able to directly access the values of these VAs in the Request itself. Something like: $Request.Get("VA-Name")

• If workflows are running scripts, the function names are irrelevant. My preference is to not use the same names as the event handlers in these use cases. You could technically have a workflow running a script with the function name onPostModify in the pre-operation execution area of the workflow.

You should be able to directly access the values of these VAs in the Request itself. Something like: $Request.Get("VA-Name")

Children