Use workflow script to modify Azure attribute of removed member (disabling)

Good morning

I am a beginner in ARS Workflows....

I have a use case where an account which is synched from AD on-Premise to Azure is disabled on premise and must be immediately disabled on Azure without waiting for next the AAD synch run.

i know how to script this with Ms.Graph but i don't know how to retrieve the DN of the removed member and transfer it to this script as parameter.

can you please recommend me a way to achieve this?

thanks

Parents
  • It sounds like these hybrid users may have existed before Active Roles was installed or are being created outside of Active Roles?

In these cases, there is a way to tell Active Roles that an onprem AD user has an associated Azure AD object using the Backsync process in the Synchronization Service. Then, once Active Roles has the necessary mapping information stored in Virtual Attributes, when an onprem AD user is disabled through an Active Roles interface, the mapped Azure object will get disabled immediately by Active Roles, ahead of Azure AD Connect.

Take a look at the Synchronization Service Admin Guide for 'Azure Backsync' and see if this might help you utilize built-in Active Roles functionality.

• It sounds like these hybrid users may have existed before Active Roles was installed or are being created outside of Active Roles?

In these cases, there is a way to tell Active Roles that an onprem AD user has an associated Azure AD object using the Backsync process in the Synchronization Service. Then, once Active Roles has the necessary mapping information stored in Virtual Attributes, when an onprem AD user is disabled through an Active Roles interface, the mapped Azure object will get disabled immediately by Active Roles, ahead of Azure AD Connect.

Take a look at the Synchronization Service Admin Guide for 'Azure Backsync' and see if this might help you utilize built-in Active Roles functionality.

Children
No Data