Install Active Roles on Azure VM without internet access

Trying to install ARS on a VM hosted by Azure. Downloaded and installed the edge viewer and sql.  Followed kb4292417 for option 2.  But the ARS install wizard keeps saying the az.user and az.resource module needs to be installed.  I see the module folder in the correct location and I'm able to import them in PowerShell.  But ARS won't let me proceed with install.

Parents
  • Hi - please review this topic. Depends a bit on the version you’re trying to deploy, but some of the later 7.x versions are picky about capitalization on the PS module folders. Suggest to verify the naming as mentioned and match upper/lower case with what the software expects.

upgrade to 7.4.5 / prerequisite software

PS: You could also try with the latest version, v8.1.1, as it has an improved way of dealing with the Azure commandlets prerequisites. It’s now been moved to the Configuration Center rather than the actual installer.

• Hi - please review this topic. Depends a bit on the version you’re trying to deploy, but some of the later 7.x versions are picky about capitalization on the PS module folders. Suggest to verify the naming as mentioned and match upper/lower case with what the software expects.

upgrade to 7.4.5 / prerequisite software

PS: You could also try with the latest version, v8.1.1, as it has an improved way of dealing with the Azure commandlets prerequisites. It’s now been moved to the Configuration Center rather than the actual installer.

Children
No Data