How to Rename 'Other Properties' Tab in Active Roles Console?

Hello,

I've made modifications to the properties window within the Active Roles Console and added a new tab named "other properties." Does anyone know how to rename this tab?

For reference, I've been using this Knowledge Base article: https://support.oneidentity.com/active-roles/kb/4309636/is-it-possible-to-add-a-custom-attribute-to-object-properties-in-the-active-roles-mmc-console

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Top Replies

• I believe that the suggestion by relates to customising the Web interface, whereas the original question pertains to cutomising the MMC console. To the best of my knowledge, there is no "ready" means by which to adjust these tab names in the MMC interface without significant effort. I don't have it in front of me, but I believe that the SDK does include some verbiage on customising the MMC. Doing that, if I remember correctly, would require creating a custom DLL that would have to be distributed to all of the machines on which the MMC is deployed. It's not something that I've ever even seen done before, so can't speak to it much more than that.

• I can't find where it is in the SDK,
    but thank you, I will try to search again.

• Check out the topic called "Adding Extension Snap-in's Property Page"

1. Access Active Roles Configuration:

• Open the Active Roles Configuration Center. This is where you can make configuration changes.
    2. Navigate to the Customization Section:

• In the Active Roles Configuration Center, navigate to the "Customization" section. You can usually find this section in the left-hand navigation pane.
    3. Locate the Object Class:

• In the "Customization" section, you should find an option to customize "Object Classes" or "Attribute Sets."
    4. Edit the Object Class:

• Locate the object class that corresponds to the type of object you want to customize. For example, if you want to rename the "Other Properties" tab for user objects, find the User object class.
    5. Edit the Tab Name:

• Within the object class customization, you should see a list of tabs that are available for that object class. Look for the "Other Properties" tab.
    6. Rename the Tab:

• Select the "Other Properties" tab, and there should be an option to rename it. This might involve changing the label or display name associated with the tab.
    7. Save Changes:

• After renaming the tab, save your changes within the Active Roles Configuration Center.
    8. Apply Configuration Changes:

• In some cases, you may need to apply the configuration changes. This could involve restarting the Active Roles service or performing a similar action to ensure the changes take effect.
    9. Test in Active Roles Console:

• Open the Active Roles Console and navigate to an object where the "Other Properties" tab is visible to verify that the tab has been renamed. Tech fai
  • To rename the "Other Properties" tab in the Active Roles Console, you will need to use the Active Roles Configuration Center. Here are the steps to do this:

1. Launch Active Roles Configuration Center: Open the Active Roles Configuration Center on the computer where you have Active Roles Console installed. You can typically find it in your Start Menu or by searching for it.

2. Connect to the Active Roles Server: In the Configuration Center, click on the "Connect to" button and connect to your Active Roles server.

3. Navigate to Web Interface Configuration:

• In the left-hand pane, expand "Configuration" to reveal a list of configuration categories.
      • Click on "Web Interface Configuration."
    4. Edit the Web Interface Configuration:

• In the right-hand pane, you will see various configuration options for the Active Roles Web Interface.
      • Locate the "Navigation" section, and under that, you will see a list of tabs, including "Other Properties."
    5. Rename the Tab:

• Right-click on "Other Properties" and select "Rename."
      • Enter the new name you want for the tab. For example, if you want to change it to "Additional Info," type that in.
    6. Apply the Changes:

• After renaming the tab, make sure to click the "Apply" or "OK" button to save your changes.
    7. Refresh Active Roles Console:

• Close and reopen the Active Roles Console to see the updated tab name.

Please note that making changes in the Active Roles Configuration Center may require administrative privileges, and it's essential to exercise caution when modifying configurations. Additionally, the exact steps and options may vary slightly depending on the version of Active Roles you are using, so refer to the documentation specific to your version if needed. Tech FAi