ars console freezes when navigating configuration databases

hello,

im trying to troubleshoot an issue where active roles console freezes when i try navigating server configuration > configuration databases 

then trying to toggle back and forth between the publisher and subcriber and going to the properties etc. 

this is what i see in event viewer.

Anyone run into this?

Connection to database has been lost.

Active Roles Administration Service has lost connection to Management History database. Administration Service is making attempts to connect to database.
Details: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.
Database: ActiveRoles811_MH
SQL Server: myservername
Next attempt to connect: In 15 minutes or later

Until after connection is restored unavailable are all the functions of Administration Service that require access to Management History database. These include: (1) collecting change history and user activity related data; (2) retrieving and updating information related to workflow, approval, attestation, temporal group membership, and deprovisioning tasks.

Parents
  • If I were you, I would be talking to your SQL team about this.  I.E. Check the SQL logs for connection issues with your Management History database.

How big is that database?

It does happen from time to time that a very large Management History database can get corrupted.  This can be fixed by migrating its contents into a newly created database.  Hopefully you won't have to do that.

• If I were you, I would be talking to your SQL team about this.  I.E. Check the SQL logs for connection issues with your Management History database.

How big is that database?

It does happen from time to time that a very large Management History database can get corrupted.  This can be fixed by migrating its contents into a newly created database.  Hopefully you won't have to do that.

Children