Block access to Web Interface

Morning Team.

I was wondering if there is a way to block access to the Web Interface.

We have two Web Interfaces and our Service Desk are using Group 1

We have built two new Web Interfaces on new servers and we have moved some users from Group 1 to Group 2.

However the users in Group 2 can still access old Web Interfaces. Was not sure if there is some simply way to stop them having access?

Thanks in advance

Parents
  • Hi, Craig.

I have done this once, however I would not necessarily highly recommend the solution that we used. In fact, you can see me exploring that idea in this old thread.

Per 's reply, securing the folder in IIS would indeed normally be the correct answer. When you have multiple AR sites, however, all of the sites point to the same NTFS folder, making it impossible to set folder permissions that are unique to each AR site.

Hence, we ended up creating NTFS Junction folders using MKLINK, setting NTFS permissions on the Junction, with the Junctions ultimately all pointing to the same origin directory.

It does the job, however the fly in the ointment is that using this means that you can no longer use the Configuration Center to create/edit/update/upgrade Web sites until the IIS folders are pointed back to the original folder. Ended up building a PowerShell script to automate that, but still, it's a bit of a nuisance.

Hope that's helpful!

Shawn

• Hi, Craig.

I have done this once, however I would not necessarily highly recommend the solution that we used. In fact, you can see me exploring that idea in this old thread.

Per 's reply, securing the folder in IIS would indeed normally be the correct answer. When you have multiple AR sites, however, all of the sites point to the same NTFS folder, making it impossible to set folder permissions that are unique to each AR site.

Hence, we ended up creating NTFS Junction folders using MKLINK, setting NTFS permissions on the Junction, with the Junctions ultimately all pointing to the same origin directory.

It does the job, however the fly in the ointment is that using this means that you can no longer use the Configuration Center to create/edit/update/upgrade Web sites until the IIS folders are pointed back to the original folder. Ended up building a PowerShell script to automate that, but still, it's a bit of a nuisance.

Hope that's helpful!

Shawn

Children
No Data