Active roles templates

Hello everyone,

We're a small flower delivery company in Austria. Using Active Roles in our setup, we're employing templates to assign permissions to Organizational Units in Active Directory.

Is there a method to export these permissions from the template so I can apply the same permissions using the Active Directory Users and Computers MMC (ADUC)?

I want to replicate these permissions in Active Directory without using Active Roles.

Thanks!

Peter Hochberger,
Vienna, Austria

• At the time you apply / link the template, you can have the native permissions copied to Active Directory (there is an option for this in the wizard).

There is also a flag that you can set on the template after the fact to "push" its permissions to Active Directory though this would require scripting.

I don't recommend propagating permissions to Active Directory unless you have in place an auditing tool that will track admins' usage of the native delegating permissions.  (Active Roles itself has a good audit of permissions usage through itself in its own event log - which I would recommend you archive using something like Splunk)