Disable User trigger in workflow.

I am sure I am missing something simple but I just want a workflow that will move  a user to a designated OU when Disabled (and then back again when enabled.

However, I cannot get this to trigger. I have set the following 

Operation that starts this workflow: Modify properties

Wokflow start upon a request for change In: Account Is Disabled (edsaAccountIsDisabled)

The initiator conditions are Any User and there are no filtering  Conditions. 

This does not trigger, I have the logic to move the object, but it wasn't firing so I put a notification as the first step and I do not get it.

Where did I go wrong?

Parents
  • From what you are describing, I don't see any issues. I assume that you have an IF/Else branch to handle the check for the specific edsaAccountIsDisabled value.

Which Active Roles client are you using to disable the user?

• Version 8.1.3, I tried disabling the user on the console and website. Nothing ever fires.  FYI: I am coming into this and finding that it was fairly poorly understood. I had to do quite some clean up on the provisioning policies as they were assigned oddly in the AD structure.  I am assuming that workflows function against all changes done in active roles and are constrained by inheritance. That is why I am flummoxed as to why it is not firing

• I am assuming that workflows function against all changes done in active roles and are constrained by inheritance

Workflows are not constrained by inheritance per se.  Workflows respond to transactions and will fire if the start conditions of the workflow (based on the contents of the in-process transaction) are met or not.  The contents of the transaction themselves could be constrained by policy inheritance but the workflow start condition is applied after everything else.

• I am assuming that workflows function against all changes done in active roles and are constrained by inheritance

Workflows are not constrained by inheritance per se.  Workflows respond to transactions and will fire if the start conditions of the workflow (based on the contents of the in-process transaction) are met or not.  The contents of the transaction themselves could be constrained by policy inheritance but the workflow start condition is applied after everything else.

Children
No Data