Modifying workflow from creating Exchange mailbox to creating a 365 mailbox

We have a workflow put in place by a previous administrator that creates an Exchange mailbox when a new hire account is placed in a specific OU.  We have recently migrated over to Microsoft 365 and are looking for a way to modify the workflow to create a remote mailbox for 365 instead of the on-prem Exchange mailbox it is currently creating.

From what i've been able to deconstruct from analyzing the workflow parameters, the workflow currently looks for any user accounts where the msExchRecipientDisplayType is blank and then changes the Create User Mailbox (edsaCreateMsExchMailbox) property to True and somehow it generates the formatted email address of firstname.lastname@<ourdomain>.org.  Has anybody created a workflow that will generate a M365 mailbox?

Parents
  • Because of current Microsoft API functionality and limitations, performing Azure-enablement using an Active Roles Workflow is quite complicated. It is necessary to post licensing GUID values and, as such, there is no way to avoid the need of a custom script module.

In the vast majority of scenarios, I would suggest leveraging Microsoft-native options to create a new O365 mailbox, if possible.

Usually, the best option is to leverage Microsoft Entra Connect (aka AADConnect) and group-based licensing to create mailboxes.

You can add Active Roles functionality into this by turning the on-prem licensing groups into Active Roles Dynamic Groups.

• Because of current Microsoft API functionality and limitations, performing Azure-enablement using an Active Roles Workflow is quite complicated. It is necessary to post licensing GUID values and, as such, there is no way to avoid the need of a custom script module.

In the vast majority of scenarios, I would suggest leveraging Microsoft-native options to create a new O365 mailbox, if possible.

Usually, the best option is to leverage Microsoft Entra Connect (aka AADConnect) and group-based licensing to create mailboxes.

You can add Active Roles functionality into this by turning the on-prem licensing groups into Active Roles Dynamic Groups.

Children
No Data