Unable to create a Managed Unit in a Managed Unit Container..

Hello everybody,

My experience with Active Roles is still limited but learning every day.

I ran into a problem and it's driving me crazy..

An employee needs a Managed Unit Container (using the MMC Console) where she can create her own Managed Units / queries.

I created a Managed Unit Container and tried creating a Managed Unit inside that container but no matter what type of rights I give this person, she's unable to create one (When she right clicks inside the Managed Unit Container she can create a new container inside this container but not a Managed Unit.

So the Managed Unit Container is visible when she logs in but she's unable to create a Managed Unit inside this container. I tried giving her full rights on the container and I also tried creating an Access Template (with full control permissions for this Managed Unit).

With full access on this Managed Unit Container I expect her to have 2 options available when right clicking in this Container (create a new Container or a Managed Unit like in the screenshot above) but no luck..

I think I am missing something very simple but I just don't see it at the moment.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

Top Replies

• Hi  

Could you confirm the permissions being granted by the Access Template, and which version of Active Roles you're using?

I'm check if there are any known issues.

Parents
  • Hi  

Could you confirm the permissions being granted by the Access Template, and which version of Active Roles you're using?

I'm check if there are any known issues.

• Hi Stu,

Sorry for the delayed response!

This user is a Domain Admin in AD, I also added this user to the "Managed Units" container and the Managed Unit Container I created for this person using the "Delegation of Control wizard".

In the "Delegation of Control Wizard" I added this user and even after giving him the role : Active Roles Administrator, the person is still unable to create queries, change columns etc.

Running version 8.0.0 btw.

Thanks in advance.

• Hi Stu,

Sorry for the delayed response!

This user is a Domain Admin in AD, I also added this user to the "Managed Units" container and the Managed Unit Container I created for this person using the "Delegation of Control wizard".

In the "Delegation of Control Wizard" I added this user and even after giving him the role : Active Roles Administrator, the person is still unable to create queries, change columns etc.

Running version 8.0.0 btw.

Thanks in advance.

Children