Workflow Approval Rule - If-Else - No response

Hi Team. 

I am working on a Workflow that is triggered when a VA is set to TRUE.

What i am trying to do is.

1) VA is set to TRUE via another workflow process. - This is working
2) This workflow start conditions will only start if the VA is TRUE
3) The workflow sends off an approval email to the manager of the account that had the VA set to TRUE. It will ask them if they wish to keep the account or delete it. I have created a Keep Account and Delete Account customise action button
4) If the manager clicks Keep Account then do A tasks
5) If the manager clicks Delete Account then do B tasks

6) Now I have set it so that the person approving has one day to Keep or Delete the account and what i am unsure about is how to capture if there is no response and then do X tasks

Parents Reply
  • Do you have a VA where you are tracking when the Request was initiated?  If yes, my thought was that you could have an automation workflow that looks for "queued" accounts (appearing in an MU based on the fact that they have a deletion request date) and then sends a notification to say that such and such an account deletion request was ignored?

Children
  • Hi Johnny, No, I don't have a VA for when the request was initiated, but I am happy to explore this. 

This has given me an idea of the same track I think you are going down. 

I already have a script that checks to see if the user account is 14 days into its 21-day life. If it is at 14 days, the script sets a Boolean to VA to TRUE, which is kicking off the workflow in this post. 

I could get it as you say to stamp another VA with the date and time the request was made. Then create a MU with the accounts that have that date and time and then have a different workflow that runs once a day.  if the date and time in the VA is greater than one day, for example, then do something in the workflow like disable the user. 

Then in this workflow in this post if someone clicks Keep Account then it removes the value from the VA with the request time. I think that may work 

I will give this ago