Workflow vs Deprovisioning Policy

Hi there...

I am trying to determine the order of operations between a deprovisioning policy and a a workflow with deprovisioning activities.

Here is what I need to do.  I need to set the Home Drive and Home Path so that the Home Folder deprov policy assigns the manager access to the home folder.

If I manually add the home drive and path in the user record first, then deprov user - the manager gets access.  But if I try to set it via either calling (1) a PreDeprovision script in the policy object or (2) add the two attributes with values to 'Properties to be Updated'.... then the manager is not getting access to the home folder.  The results pane says the user doesn't have a home folder.

I can't use a workflow... because it looks like these don't kickoff until AFTER a deprov policy object.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

• That's a pity.

Yes, you could but it's much more complicated.  

Alternatively, I suppose you could just expose the VA in the "other properties" (?) tab in the MMC, control its contents (for example must be blank or TRUE) and have the techs select it and save the change to trigger the workflow.

• ya.. bummer.  If the techs have to open the user record to update the attribute... they might as well just update the home folder properties manually.

It is awfully strange that each policy setting within a policy object is not SAVED after each one is applied.

This seems like a simple task yet impossible to achieve.

Thanks for your ideas.