Is it possible to have Automation Workflow with an Approval Rule

Hi, I'm new to using Active Roles Workflows. Trying to automate a process via the AR workflow policies. Currently when a user is disabled via an external workflow, they are not removed from certain groups due to how we have defined specific SOPs related to the groups in question. During periodic reviews, we review, record, and approve removing disabled users from certain groups. I want to set up an "Automation Workflow" process that uses an "Approval Rule" similar to a "Workflow Definition", but I don't see how this is possible. Has anyone been able to figure out how to accomplish that? 

thanks

Parents
  • One way to think about this is that Change Workflows respond to requests / actions while  Automation Workflows initiate actions.

So, for example you could "chain" workflows by having an Automation Workflow perform a group membership update (via built-in activity or script) and then have a Change Workflow react to that action by requiring approval of the action.

'Hope this makes sense.

• That thought popped into my mind this morning. I was thinking maybe setting the Automation workflow to use a "dedicated account" and having the
    workflow" detect the change being performed by the "dedicated account" against the group.....but along the way, I found under "object management", where you set the "Run As"; you can check the box "Enforce Approval"....so you don't have to have chain after all.....now I just need buy off from QA and Compliance.

Thanks for the help. 

• That thought popped into my mind this morning. I was thinking maybe setting the Automation workflow to use a "dedicated account" and having the
    workflow" detect the change being performed by the "dedicated account" against the group.....but along the way, I found under "object management", where you set the "Run As"; you can check the box "Enforce Approval"....so you don't have to have chain after all.....now I just need buy off from QA and Compliance.

Thanks for the help. 

Children
No Data