Performance issues with the web interface

Good morning,

I'm experiencing massive lags during navigation of the website, I'm getting error 400,  404 and then I'm getting that it couldn't display the content in the main page. I've checked SQL, no issues there, I've checked the website configuration which looks good as well as checking any performance issues on the Admin service server.

I can't find any performance issues on any of these, the only other thing I've thought it could be is the F5 load balancer between the 4 servers and the rest of the estate, have you had people put these sites through an LB and if so, did they require some sort of sessional persistance?

Thanks
Alex

• Alex,

You can disable the Starling Promotion feature to simply your connection needs:

1. In the Active Roles Web Interface, as an Active Roles Admin, navigate to Customization | Global Settings and clear Enable Starling promotion.
    2. Save this change and then choose navigate to Customization | Reload to post the changes.

This feature is enabled by default and it requires connectivity between the clients and the Active Roles Administration Service host on ports 7465 (HTTP) and 7466 (HTTPS) 

SSL Persistence/Session Persistence/Sticky Sessions should be enabled on port 443 between the client and the Active Roles Web Interface host and on port 15172 between the Active Roles Web Interface host and the Active Roles Administration Service host, if that connection is being handled by a load-balancer.

The flavour of persistence that you enable depends on your deployment. If you have IIS deployed as a Web Server Farm, then you want something like source-based persistence. If you don't (and most customers don't), then you want destination-based persistence.

Load-balancers are varied and the options are many. Your networking team and/or your load-balancer vendor should be able to provide clarification on what options would best suit your needs.

• Hey Terrance!

Thanks for your reply! That was the first thing that I checked and it was already clear, I think they changed that in 8.1.5 by default but it's a great suggestion either way. Your detail on the sticky sessions\persistence is what has helped me, I'll request a destination based persistence to the client via the LB and we can see how that goes, thanks very much! I'm confident this is the issue.

Very best.