This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Deny User Creation

Hi I want to prevent helpdesk users creating new users in a particular container...I have created a template with Create User Objects denied (amongst other permissions denied as that did not seem to work) delegated it to a test user on the container in question but still able to create users, i must be missing something really obvious but can't work out what it is, can anyone help please? Thanks, Andy

Parents
  • You are welcome Andy. 'Glad you got this sorted.

I would strongly recommend that you review the membership of your ARS Administrators group and if possible, place strict controls on its membership.

Further to this, I would further make sure you are NOT using the local Administrators group of your ARS server for this purpose. Rather, create a security group in AD and place your desired ARS Admins in that group. This will require a somewhat obscure configuration adjustment to ARS. 'Suggest you open a ticket with Support for assistance with this as I prefer not to discuss this in an open forum.
  • You are welcome Andy. 'Glad you got this sorted.

I would strongly recommend that you review the membership of your ARS Administrators group and if possible, place strict controls on its membership.

Further to this, I would further make sure you are NOT using the local Administrators group of your ARS server for this purpose. Rather, create a security group in AD and place your desired ARS Admins in that group. This will require a somewhat obscure configuration adjustment to ARS. 'Suggest you open a ticket with Support for assistance with this as I prefer not to discuss this in an open forum.
Children
No Data