This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Active Roles Web on Mac OS

I have recently installed Active Roles 7.0, however users are not able to access any of the portals on Firefox, Chrome or Safari on Mac OS. I've tried to find documentation or information online and haven't been successful. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Per the Release notes, you may use the following browsers:

You can access Web Interface using:
    • Firefox 36 on Windows
    • Google Chrome 41 on Windows
    • Windows Internet Explorer 11
    • Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

You can use a later version of Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer to access Web Interface; however, Web Interface 7.0.2 has been tested only against the browser versions listed above.

Mac OS in and of itself is not officially supported, however I have tested Chrome and FireFox on Mac OS X and it was successful.

Are the users seeing any errors?

What Authentication method are you using on the Active Roles sites? Windows Authentication, Basic?
  • We have recently installed ARS 7.0, this is a fresh installation and we haven't rolled out to users yet. A good portion of our IT team uses Mac's including myself who is setting up ARS as well as a sizable portion of our user population.
    ARS is installed on Windows Server 2012 R2, fully patched up.

Currently IIS is configured with Basic Authentication.
    When accessing ARwebadmin or the other two portals in Safari, Chrome or Firefox on Mac OS, I am able to login and the web UI loads, however when I click "Directory Management" the blue loading circle spins forever and nothing loads in the center pane. However, on Windows across all browsers it loads nearly instantly.

I realize Mac OS isn't officially supported, I contacted support and they did confirm it does work on Mac OS in their lab with the same server OS and IIS version but stopped at that point. I think it's just a configuration item that's amiss somewhere, as far as I can tell there are no plugin dependencies (i.e. flash, activex, java, etc.). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
  • just an idea of workaround. Many customer use Citrix or VDI clients to access ARS WI or MMC inside the client.
  • We're primarily more concerned about end users accessing the self service portal on Mac.
  • I did the testing for that Support case. It was on Mac OS X 10.11.4 - El Capitan.

I re-tested again as both an ARS admin and regular user on Safari, Chrome and FireFox and it worked as expected. No issues. It's a vanilla install of Mac and the browsers are the latest with no add-ons installed.

I would suggest looking further into the Mac OS itself. Is up to date? Do you have any firewall enabled or anti-virus/malware software? Do you have any browser add-ons, such as AdBlock?

Beyond that unfortunately I don't have any other ideas that may help as there are only so many factors in play:
    - IIS (on the ARS side)
    - The client OS
    - Anti-virus software
    - Firewall
    - Proxy (in between client and server)
    - Browser add-ons