This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Active Roles Server - Multiple Web Interfaces

Hello, we have multiple load balanced web interfaces, is there and easy way to sync customizations of the forms between them?

Thanks,

Alex

• Is best practice to make the same changes in multiple interfaces, or are the use of virtual directories in IIS supported?

• Hello, Alex.

Almost all Web interface customisation is stored in the database - not on the filesystem of the Web server. Hence, by definition, all instances of the Web interface (connected to the same Active Roles infrastructure) share customisation configuration.

When you create a new instance of the Web interface, you are given the opportunity to select (or create) a named configuration for that site. Any site using the same named configuration will share customisation configuration.

If you're not seeing this behaviour, then it's likely that, for some reason, you're using different named configurations for your sites when in fact you should be using a single, common configuration. There are other possible explanations as well, but this is the most common.

There are some exceptions, with some specific configuration being stored locally on each Web server. This includes things like logging levels. I'm not positive, but colour scheme might also be stored locally.

Hope than helps; let me know if anything is unclear.

Shawn.

• I think I figured this out...  We did an upgrade from 6.7 and the import feature of Web Interface 7.0.  I deleted the Application Configurations of the Web Interfaces and created the sites from scratch.  Once I did that everything worked as expected.

I think the answer is that you cannot import configurations from lower versions.

Thanks,

Alex