This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Configuring a Separate Management History Database

I'm rolling out a new Active Roles 7 infrastructure alongside my production ARS 6.9. In all past ARS versions, I've kept the Configuration and Management History within the same database, e.g. ActiveRoles69.

I'd like to consider separating the two databases above.

Can anyone enlighten as as to all the pros and cons of separate databases?

Has anyone configured separate databases in production and, if so, can you provide any positive or negative feedback from that decision?

Thanks for any commentary.
 -Steve

Parents
  • Terrance, you've made some very good points and I'm now leaning towards the separate database.

I'll leave this thread open a little longer to allow for other feedback (hey, it could happen!).

Thanks for the quick and detailed reply.
    -Steve
    p.s. On a side note, what did you name your database(s)? I'm always aiming for best practices and real-world feedback.  :-)

• Terrance, you've made some very good points and I'm now leaning towards the separate database.

I'll leave this thread open a little longer to allow for other feedback (hey, it could happen!).

Thanks for the quick and detailed reply.
    -Steve
    p.s. On a side note, what did you name your database(s)? I'm always aiming for best practices and real-world feedback.  :-)

Children
No Data