Add Bulk Users to a Group

Is there a way using which you can add users in bulk to a Group using:

Web Client

Fat Client

PowerShell --> Provide the cmdlet and complete syntax

Parents
  • The way I usually do this is to create an ARS workflow that invokes a Powershell script (configured in a script "activity") to perform the bulk group member add.  You then grant your delegated users the right to launch the workflow from either the web client or the fat client.

As for the input file for the bulk add, you can do two things:

1) Hard code the input file name into your script that is launched by the workflow or,

2) Setup a parameter in the workflow that prompts the user for the input file name.  To support this, I will usually create a two line script that enumerates files in a particular folder to present to the user a list of input files to select from.

• The way I usually do this is to create an ARS workflow that invokes a Powershell script (configured in a script "activity") to perform the bulk group member add.  You then grant your delegated users the right to launch the workflow from either the web client or the fat client.

As for the input file for the bulk add, you can do two things:

1) Hard code the input file name into your script that is launched by the workflow or,

2) Setup a parameter in the workflow that prompts the user for the input file name.  To support this, I will usually create a two line script that enumerates files in a particular folder to present to the user a list of input files to select from.

Children
No Data