This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ARS user rename

Hi All,

how can i rename user object(name) in ars?

for e.g. if department equal to sales it should move to sales ou, have i configured workflow for that. but, before moving to sales ou it should search for name whether already present or not, if present then it should add 1 at the end of name else keep it as it is. 

also, while creation from QC, if two new users will get create in provisioning cycle with same name it should add 1 at the end of the name.

Can anyone help in this?

Parents
  • Dear Lee, thank you for your valuable information. 

As my client needs, user should move to OU according to their department, and if user is already present in the target OU then it should rename the object before moving. i figure out to do the same, i am running premove script before moving, so before moving it will check for unique object name. but i need to scope it out for target OU only. how can take the destination container(from workflow) in my script, so i can limit my search scope only to that container.

Regards,

Pal

• Dear Lee, thank you for your valuable information. 

As my client needs, user should move to OU according to their department, and if user is already present in the target OU then it should rename the object before moving. i figure out to do the same, i am running premove script before moving, so before moving it will check for unique object name. but i need to scope it out for target OU only. how can take the destination container(from workflow) in my script, so i can limit my search scope only to that container.

Regards,

Pal

Children
No Data