This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Synchronization Service and manually mapping objects

Hello,

In looking through the Synchronization Service (aka QuickConnect) SDK, I see that there is a ManualMappingOperation class. Has anyone ever tried manually mapping an object via the SDK interfaces? Thus far I've not had any luck sorting through the object model to figure it out.

Thanks,
Shawn.

• In the QC Command shell there are two cmdlets associated with mapping:

Start-QCObjectMap

Start-QCObjectUnMap

Examples are provided in the Help.

'Hope that helps.

John

• Hi, John.

Was referring more to "manually" mapping a single object rather than executing an entire QcMappingPair (which is what STart-QCObjectMap will do).

Thanks,
    Shawn.

• Call me crazy Shawn, but if you look at the example code (which I have used myself), it shows the cmdlet being used to manipulate a mapping for a single object pair:

C:\PS>$a = Get-QCObject -Connection "MyConnection1" -ObjectType User –ObjectFilter @{sAMAccountName=’Name1’}

C:\PS>$b = Get-QCObject -Connection "MyConnection2" -ObjectType User –ObjectFilter @{sAMAccountName=’Name2’}

C:\PS>Start-QCObjectMap -Object1 $a -Object2 $b

• It would seem that you are absolutely correct - it appears that I was over complicating my question. Thank you very much!

That said, it still would be interesting to see how to accomplish the same task via the SDK. There doesn't seem to be much happening with the PowerShell cmdlets over the past several versions; I'm guessing the SDK may become the "preferred path" in the future.

• Amendment to my previous statement.

It's true that Start-QCObjectMap will map a single object, however it will only map an object that has been previously cached by the product. I.e., if a create a brand new user, Get-QCObject will fail to retrieve the new user since that new user has never been encountered by the mapping process before.

If you haven't already guessed, I was trying to find a way to get around the slow process of performing a complete mapping. I was trying to find a process that I could initiate that would be called during account provisioning that would immediately and in real-time map that object for the purposes of password synchronisation. Running a full mapping is impractically slow for this purpose.

The SDK once again appears to offer something in the QcConnection.Import method - but again, the lack of example makes this difficult to understand and use.