This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Using a script to assign/create home folder - permissions end up as Full Control to user - Why?

I am using a powershell script to determine the server/shared folder location for a user's home drive.

As part of the onPostCreate it creates the folder and sets the AD attributes.

The permissions are set to 'Modify' by the script, but after creation the user gets Full Control.

What is making this happen?

Thx.

Parents
  • I assume the script is run as the ARS service account so the only answer is that the script is wrong.  If the user created the folder and you had creator owner full control applied to the parent folder then that would explain it but if the script is running as the service account then the only way is if the script is wrong.

• I assume the script is run as the ARS service account so the only answer is that the script is wrong.  If the user created the folder and you had creator owner full control applied to the parent folder then that would explain it but if the script is running as the service account then the only way is if the script is wrong.

Children
No Data