This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Update attribute of "removed user" during "remove member from group"-workflow

Hi,

I'm desperately trying to update a virtual attribute of a user who is being removed from a group by a workflow.

The current scenario looks like this:

- A command gets triggered in WI that sets a virtual (user) attribute to "true"
- A workflow triggers a PS-scripts that temporarily adds the user to a group and sends a notification
- When the temporal group membership ends, a workflow sends another notification and should set the virtual attribute back to "false", which I cannot get configured somehow...

I've played around with search activities and looked through the SDK to find a way to get it done with a script, but I cannot find the proper syntax...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jochen

• How about you set a workflow to fire when these criteria are met:

1) A change is made to a user's memberof AND

2) The VA flag is TRUE on that user?

John

• This is an old topic, but I just encountered this same challenge myself.

It appears that there is no way to create a workflow that will perform an action against each member added/removed from a group. I was able to get it to work for additions, but not removals. Seems that scripting is the only option.

• Not sure if there is a new feature that allows for this now, or if I just missed it last time, but I've found the correct sequence for accomplishing this particular workflow. Works for both additions and removals.

Since the maximum file size for embedding a file in the forums is 1MB, demonstration video is here: https://streamable.com/2q8z.

• Concern. ARS Workflow on-Demand engine recognizes *Temp* Group Membership as "external change" controlled by ARS internally on background under the seen and executed under AD\SVC_ARS account (?). Even if it works for Temp group membership now, not sure it is a correct behavior.
  • Do you think it would be possible to read an existing attribute and append a value to it for the user that is added to the group.
    For instance. if user has a description of "Edmonton" when they are added to the Sales group it would populate "Edmonton: Sales"
  • Hello Shawn
    Thanks for the great video it helped me along until i hit a different wall. Did you find that if multiple people are added or removed then the workflow does not work?